Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jan.9-13,2012: Mean Median Mode 101


For the past weeks in research we’ve studied about the Measures of Central

Tendency which is the mean, median and the mode and how to get those in an

“Ungrouped frequency” distribution.  After that we studied getting the measures of

central tendency in a grouped frequency distribution . We first tackled the way to get

the mode in a grouped frequency distribution which is the easiest of them all.  All you

have to do is to find the “score” with the highest frequency just like the one that we

used to do in the ungrouped frequency distribution  then you subtract the low score 

from the high score and divide it by two.  After discussing the process to get the

mode from a grouped frequency distribution I was hoping that we’d discuss the way

to get the median next but instead our teacher discussed the way to get the mean

first. We all asked him why he’d discuss getting the mean first and he said that it was

because it’s easier to get the mean than the median in a grouped frequency 

distribution . and the formula in getting the mean in a grouped frequency distribution

was a bit complicated. After discussing the process in getting the mean in a grouped

frequency distribution  our teacher discuss the process in getting the median of a

grouped frequency distribution. When our teacher  started discussing I saw everyone

with a blank face.   It really was a bit complicated I can hear everyone saying : “I don’t

get it” , “ what’s that again ? “  I admit I don’t get it at first either but I soon got it as I

asked some of my classmates who gets it .  Even though our lessons are getting

tougher I must not give up because I know that all these are part of learning. Thank

you for teaching us.


No comments:

Post a Comment