Sunday, July 24, 2011

This week in Math

June 24, 2011
Last week in our math class, we have studied about fractions.  We’ve recall the different operations on fractions and how to convert them to decimal and vice versa. We also studied about square roots. Our teacher told us to memorize the first 20 perfect square roots. I think memorizing it would be helpful to computations.  I also learned that a number has two square roots one positive and one negative.  Another interesting fact added to my knowledge is that a negative number has no square root.  I also learned a technique on adding two fractions which I think is very helpful and makes adding fractions faster.

Our teacher posted a puzzle on our wall and the groups who are able to solve the puzzle will receive five points in math.  The condition to get the extra points is that we need to pass the answer to our teacher before he enters the room.  We did solve the puzzle but unfortunately we forgot to submit the answer before he enters our room resulting to wasted five points.  My group mates and I learned to be time efficient and we hope to get the five points next time.  It’s been another wonderful week at our math class, thank you Sir for teaching us.

No comments:

Post a Comment