Saturday, August 6, 2011

August: Week 1: Research

Last week was a bit stressful because our research project’s deadline is getting near and yet we still
have a lot of work to do to complete our project.  Fortunately we managed to submit our project on
time. I thank my mom for helping me with my project I couldn’t have finish it without her. In this
project I learned to value time and not waste it I also learned that I should do my projects as early as
possible to avoid cramming. Now that my high school life is getting harder I don’t really think that I
should give up yet because I’m still in first year if I would give up on problems like this  then that
means that I couldn’t possibly take on the challenges that I am about to face in the future. So every
time I just keep in mind that I’m not going to be  intimidated by the challenges that this school is going
to give me. I think that studying in this school is an opportunity and I for one wouldn’t waste that
opportunity. I say all of this to motivate me and keep me strong in staying here in calsci. But the one
who makes me strong the most is the lord  I thank him for giving me hope that I could survive here in
calsci. and  for  always guiding me in my everyday life.

         Now about our lessons last week  it was Interesting I think  because  its’ all about  “ description
 of a mechanism “.  We had little activity about this to start  the topic .The activity is fun because we
get to use our imagination while doing it the activity is all about drawing and describing the features
of your imaginary machine that could help mankind. We were group into four’s and five’s to
brainstorm about our imaginary machine.  We thought  that we should think of a machine that could
do almost everything.  We also thought that it should be portable. Until one of my group mates
said that our machine should be a pen which can do a lot of things. Everyone liked the idea so we all
agreed to work on it .  Everyone shared  their idea  on what the machine should be able to do.  Some 
of the features of our machine are : the ability to analyze the question in a test and  answer it
correctly; the ability to turn into a spatula ; the ability to  turn into a laser sword  and many others.  I
think our work is very creative but our teacher said that since our topic is about “ description of
mechanism”  we need to describe how each  function works and how each parts look like for the
readers to understand the machine.  Thank you teacher for  sharing your knowledge to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment